Monday, December 10, 2012

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I haven't posted very much lately, and most of you have probably stopped reading. I've had a lot on my mind lately, and I guess, basically, it isn't this blog.



Today my movie review is on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It starts with a guy who is trying to have the best Christmas ever and practically gets the opposite. Meanwhile he's hoping for a big fund of money so he can buy a swimming pool. A bunch of his relatives come in for a great family Christmas, including his parents, in-laws, and lowlife degenerate cousin Eddie (with his beloved dog, Snot).

Unfortunately they don't get that at all. Instead they get a big Christmas light attraction that almost fails. The guy covers his house up with Christmas lights. Meanwhile he is also having problems procuring a tree, which a squirrel somehow got into. Also, his neighbors are beginning to get really angry with this so-called Christmas vacation. And what do you know, the guy's boss forgets to give him the money. It's a Yuletide disaster.

My favorite part of the movie was when the old lady fainted at the sight of a squirrel. I also liked the part where the cat blows up.

This classic movie is a beloved, hilarious, holiday disaster the whole family can enjoy. 4 and a half out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment